are both the difference and value added of our .NET libraries finaquant® calcs
(commercial) or finaquant® protos
As you said, there are a number of libraries with matrices and vectors, but have you ever seen a .NET library, or any library with Table Functions? Maybe there are some, but we couldn't yet find any.
Some business software, often related with Business Intelligence or Analytics, offer similar functionality under different names, but they are expensive, less general (i.e. application oriented) and limited in scope compared to finaquant's Table Functions.
Inspired by some problems related with reporting requirements, I began to develop a sort of table
and meta-data mathematics already in 2006. Years after, these inspirations has become the
fundaments of Finaquant Analytics.
Tunc A. Kütükcüoglu, founder
What is the value?
- With Table Functions users can easily, quickly and efficiently implement complex analytical relationships based on data tables, without tedious and expensive database programming; saves time, money, effort and complexity.
- Learning Table Functions is like learning matrix functions of a math software like matlab or R. A user with some basic analytical skills and experience with data tables can learn Table Functions within weeks.
- Table math: Focus is shifted from detail programming to analytical essentials; reduced complexity, patch-work and havoc; improved oversight.
- Because Table Functions operate on in-memory tables, they work totally independent of the data structure of a database. This makes them ideal for use in a portable Calculation Engine.
- A Calculation Engine with Table Functions is an independent atomic unit with clearly defined input and output parameters (all tables) which makes it an ideal construct for quantitative analysis; simulations, estimations, predictions, optimizations, scenario analysis...